Saturday, October 13, 2012

September meeting at Sue E's and November book.

I was an apology for the meeting, but I have a report from Ros. The November book - on my recommendation, apparently - is The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng, at Maggie's place.  I did rave about the book based on the first 3rd, before the plot developed a life of its own, so I will have to be responsible. I enjoyed it to the end but in the cool clear light of day, I fear that it is not going to win the Booker Prize. It touches on lots of ideas that interest me. There are no cowboys. I have a copy to share anyway.

Ros also said there was a suggestion that we could read The Sun also Rises as well as The Moveable Feast at the October meeting, which will be held at Sue W's place. There was a review in the SMH Traveller today of a Spanish restaurant we might visit as part of our research!

Cheers
Patricia

No comments: