Sunday, August 13, 2006

Response from Kate Grenville

Dear Patricia, thank you so much for sending the info about your book group and especially the picture of the cake. It is WONDERFUL. How many writers have had their book immortalised in cake? I feel very privileged & fortunate. I really like the sound of your group (I like your comment that men visited but didn't stay!) & suspect that 10 years might be some kind of record. Please tell Moy that I think she's immensely talented - although I'm sure she already knows that.
Great idea to have the sculpture used to promote book groups - and as you mention I'd love to use it too - I have a website( with a page for readers groups about the Secret River) and plan to update it soon. I'd planned to put up the pic of me meeting the Queen ( as part of the Commonwealth prize) but would love to have a pic of the cake there too just to complete the worldview! My agent wasn't able to forward the pic - would it be possible for you to send it to me directly?
I like the little piece about the bookgroup that you included - engaging & witty & inspiring. Congratulations on everything.
Warmest wishes
Kate

No comments: